[su_heading size=”21″ align=”left” margin=”10″]A classic holiday eggnog uses premade nog as a shortcut. Mix in a splash of liquor and add-ins of your choice for a festive holiday drink. Try cinnamon sticks, freshly grated nutmeg, orange zest or a dollop of vegan whipped cream.[/su_heading]
- 4 cups vegan eggnog
- 4 ounces brandy, bourbon or rum
- Garnishes of your choice, like cinnamon sticks, freshly grated nutmeg, orange zest or a dollop of vegan whipped cream
- Combine eggnog and brandy (or bourbon or rum) in a small pitcher. Divide among 8 glasses and top with garnishes, if desired.Brush each ear of corn with some of the Italian salad dressing; sprinkle each ear with chopped rosemary. Grill corn on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium to medium-hot coals for 20 minutes or until tender, turning often. Cool slightly. (Or, preheat oven to 425°F. Bake brushed ears, in a shallow baking pan, for 30 minutes, turning once.)
- Cut each ear of corn crosswise into thirds. Set a 1-gallon sealable plastic bag in a large, shallow bowl; place corn and sliced tomatoes in bag. Pour remaining dressing over vegetables. Seal bag and let vegetables stand 20 minutes before serving, or chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours, turning bag once or twice.
- To serve, arrange spinach leaves on six chilled plates. Remove corn and tomatoes from bag with a slotted spoon, reserving dressing. Arrange corn and tomatoes on top of spinach. Pass the reserved dressing.